OR SOME REASONS TO VOTE DEMOCRATIC!
- Significantly eased field-testing controls of genetically engineered crops.
- Cut federal spending on libraries by $39 million.
- Cut $35 million in funding for doctors to get advanced pediatric training.
- Cut by 50% funding for research for renewable energy sources.
- Revoked rules that reduced the acceptable levels of arsenic in drinking water.
- Blocked rules that would require federal agencies to offer bilingual assistance to non-English speaking persons. This from a candidate who would readily fire-up his Spanish-speaking skills in front of would-be Hispanic voters.
- Proposed to eliminate new marine protections for the Channel Islands and the coral reefs of northwest Hawaii (San Francisco Chronicle, April 6, 2001).
- Cut funding by 28% for research into cleaner, more efficient cars and trucks.
- Suspended rules that would have strengthened the government's ability to deny contracts to companies that violated workplace safety, environmental and other federal laws.
- Near unilateral invasion of another sovereign country under false pretenses and in direct violation of international law and the United Nations Charter to which we are a signatory country.
- Undermining the Bill of Rights in the name of national security.
- Cut veterans benefits by $14 million.
- Cut income taxes by over $1 trillion mostly to the wealthiest one percent of Americans.
- Proposed cutting taxes to the wealthy by another $725 billion.
- Turned a $3 trillion surplus into a $2 trillion deficit.